1) our round circle discussion on addiction
2) did a little quiz on “risk-taking” to see how much of a risk-taker you are
3) watched the video “Constant Craving” – see post from March 26 for this link= and answered the following questions
- 1) Which drugs are actually more dangerous than illicit drugs?
- 2) Why do people take drugs?
- 3) What is the significance of the reward centre of the brain?
- 4) What happens when you do something pleasurable?
- 5) How do drugs affect dopamine?
- 6) How does cocaine affect the brain?
- 7) What is the “rush”?
- 8) What happens to the brain if you have been using drugs over a period of time?
- 9) How does anticipation affect the brain?