- SELF CARE ASSIGNMENT
- SLEEPING BRAIN RE-QUIZ….MONDAY AT LUNCH
–> What do smart phones have to do with mental illness?
–> What are the symptoms of depression?
–> How can one get help with depression?
—>What are the concerns about cell phones and teenagers – are these legitimate concerns?
—> What do cell phones have to do with mental illness?
- Kahoot! https://play.kahoot.it/#/?quizId=9ae1971e-5d75-4345-8535-046e06dec837&playId=88a393ac-80b3-43fc-8d20-aefa1b02bc4a
- Get into groups of 4
- Watch video at this site: http://www.pbs.org/newshour/extra/lessons-plans/are-teens-addicted-to-technology/
- Write down 7 key points as you watch
- Read over Teens are Addicted to Cell phones
- 3 levels protocol
- Groups present
- video below – jot down 7 key points Jean Twenge makes about smartphones and iGen
- discussion and activity
- Cyberbullying – read and discuss
How does stress impact your body/mind?
What are 3 or 4 ways that you think would work for YOU to get rid of stress?
- Readings about Stress
- in groups, read The Benefits of Stress
- Videos on coping with stress
–> What is the difference between anxiety and stress?
–> In what ways can stress be good?
–> What is resiliency and how does resiliency help one cope with stress?
- Brain cards
- Stress test – http://www.mhankyswoh.org/uploads/files/pdfs/stress-teenstresstest_20130813.pdf
- Resilience video
- Reality of Stress
- The Benefits of Stress